Thursday, July 2, 2009

HOME, SWEET HOME...

Although we had some complications with our apartment when we first got here to Amman (no stove, no air conditioning, only mini-bar refrigerators, and spotty electricity) we have learned to love our little home for the summer (especially since yesterday when our air conditioning finally got fixed)! One thing we especially love is our location. We live in a nicer part of town (NOTE: we are living in a third world country, so when we say nicer it is all relative) and are about a 15-minute walk to campus and about a 20-minute taxi ride to almost anywhere in the city. Since we live near the University our apartments were designed for four single students, which makes living here as two married couples a little interesting, but we make it work. Since we have been here almost two months we thought you would all enjoy a little picture tour of our apartment. 

The dining table

The living room

More of the living room
(When we moved in we found six little side tables, who really knows what they are all for.)

The kitchen and stove
(The stove has enough room for one 9x13 pan.)

More of the kitchen

The communal refrigerator. 
(It's a little bigger than the mini fridges we have in our bedrooms.)

Our little bathroom
(Notice the square on the floor- That's our shower. Everything in the entire bathroom gets wet when you take a shower!)

The other side of the bathroom and our washing machine
(The washing machine fits about 4 pairs of pants... that's it!)

Our bedroom
 (The mini fridge fits in the cabinet under the T.V.)

More of the bedroom
(All the furniture for the bedroom looks like old hotel furniture with brown little spots of paint all over them where they were damaged when moving them.)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is AWESOME!! You I was thinking to my self, oh, not too bad until I saw the bathroom. WOW. that is all I can say!! What great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chana. You don't really know me...but, I am Anne Marie's mom. Your roommate from France? Yup, that one! Anyway...I found your blog on Anne Marie's blog site and looked in! I cracked up because you were together in France...and now both of you are in third world countries! Anyway...I just came home from a family reunion. While there, I met the fiance' of one of my nephews. Her name is Karen Boyer. She just returned from Jordan where she spent 6 weeks there for her Nursing degree. Anyway...I mentioned your blog and your connection with Anne Marie, and she got all "big eyed" and said "Yes! I know who she and her husband are! I went on an excursion with them." She was not sure you would remember her, but she is very tiny with dark hair and getting married very soon. Just had to tell you! Small world. You look so adorable in your photos here, and it is fun to see what you and your husband are doing. Just amazing....good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks nice and cozy to me..;-)

    ReplyDelete